While I worked on my graphic novel, I used and improved on my MHA skills. As time went on my personal mindset improved and I kept a calm, collected mind. I worked on my problem solving skills by working on what I find difficult, which is writing. By writing a script, I can revise any dialogue and make it as clear as possible. I improved on my communication by talking with my instructors and explaining to them what my graphic novel is and what I wanted to do with it. I improved on my social awareness by actively listening to my peers as they talked about their own projects. Finally, I improved on my planning for success by planning ahead of time what I needed to finish on specific deadlines.
In the third week I was able to practice “Communication” skills. During this week we were able to create ourselves as cartoon characters. I was able to practice communication skills by sharing the story of my cartoon character to the class. This skill has helped me interact more with people and helped me improve my presentation skills.
During the fourth week I was able to practice the skill “Problem Solving”. This week was a little bit challenging because we had to work with water colors. It was hard to control the water from spreading around. I was able to solve this problem by watching videos of different techniques of how to use watercolors. This skill has helped me be more open minded to new ways to solve problems.
In the fifth week the skill I worked on was collaboration. I thought it was easy to communicate with my sisters so we could collaborate in making a piece. We all choose different steps to create in order to create our final piece. This skill has helped me be more communicative about my thoughts of how to improve things in our group projects.
Overall I really enjoyed this program. I thought it was an interesting way to meet up with our class. I also enjoyed learning how to use new materials like Bristols and watercolors.